Do you like your office job, do you need extra cash? Is your boss or traffic too much to bear? Do you need enough time with your family? Whatever the reason, I think you should try working online. Online jobs are becoming so popular in the current age of technological advancement. Many companies prefer to go online while individuals prefer offering their knowledge and skills online.
These jobs can be found through searching the web, friends, social media sites and they come with many benefits as well as an equal share of disadvantages to both the company and to an individual.
Advantages to a company:
- They do not have to rent office space
- No buying of office supplies
- Diversity in skill market
- Quick job turn-around due to many people working on a particular task
What are the disadvantages?
- Sometimes you get unmet deadlines.
- Lack of control of the workers
- Sometimes you may get poor quality of job done
Advantages of online job to an individual are:
- The jobs are highly flexible. You have total freedom on how and when to work
- You are able to earn much since you can work on different jobs
- You get to learn many different skills
- You can work for more than one company without anyone questioning you
- You have more time with your family
- You save on transport and the cost of buying corporate clothes
- You only need a computer, a reliable internet connection, research well, type well and you can talk a good English.
- It is a good way of sharpening one’s’ skill especially for students
- Earn little. Before you get used to this market, one will earn little money but as you move on you start increasing the amount of money you get
- There is no security of tenure
- You don’t get benefits such as medical cover, pension as you could while working from an office
- One tends to have no a social life and one may get some diseases involved with lack of activity, exercise due to a lot of sitting down.
What are some types of online jobs?
- Administrative jobs such as data entry, virtual assistant etc
- Freelance writing
- Online teaching
What are some of the companies?
- Up work
- Content mart
If you are not interested in working for a boss in a restricted environment, or you are a company that wants to avoid renting office and buying offices supplies, then this is the way to go.